Sunday, May 3, 2009

Seashell Cupcakes

Recently, I was asked to bake and decorate sample cupcakes for a potential client. She wanted to try four different flavors each with a different filling. I made:

Chocolate with cherry filling
White with raspberry filling
Carrot with cream cheese filling
Yellow with raspberry filling

So I baked, hollowed out the middle and filled each little cake. Then, after replacing the 'lid' over the filling, they were ready to be decorated.

At the client's request, I had special ordered baking papers from Canada that were tulip style and would simply require the cakes to be placed in and then frosted. With buttercream frosting I piped a tight swirl (using Wilton tip 2D) to cover the top of each cake.

The day before I had made shells in the Wilton seashells candy mold using swirled combinations of white and light cocoa candymelts. I placed a shell on top of each cupcake and sprinkled them alternately with blue sprinkles and brown sugar to give the impression of water and sand.

After I packaged them all up, they were ready for delivery and approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment