Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Camping Adventure

This past weekend I made a cake for a guy's 31st birthday party. He enjoys being outdoors so I found an inspiration photo of a cake with a small camping scene on it.The project started with a two-layer 8" base cake in chocolate and vanilla swirl frosted in grass green icing. Then I began layering on chocolate cookie crumbs as dirt, two green frosting shades as foliage, chocolate covered pretzels as logs, and lavender and blue frosting as more foliage and flowers.For the tiny tent I used the mini wonder mold pan by Wilton and covered it in fondant. Once this was positioned on the cake, I placed the dryed fondant trees around the tent and formed the flames for the fire ring.All the components came together perfectly and made a wonderful party centerpiece. Not only was this a great birthday cake it could also be an ideal groom's cake for the fun-loving groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment